LAST UPDATED August 18, 2016
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us, including but not limited to, your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other information you choose to provide. We collect this information, for example, when you send us an email or otherwise communicate with us.
We require that users under 18 years of age or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction not submit personal information. In accordance with the U.S. federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We encourage parents to participate actively in their children’s Internet experience.
Do not provide information about others unless you are authorized to do so and consent to have all information used, disclosed, and transferred in accordance with this Policy. By submitting the information about others, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so and that you have received authorization from the person about whom you are providing the information and that person has consented to have all information used, disclosed, and transferred in accordance with this Policy.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
We may automatically collect information when you visit the Sites, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser and operating system you use, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the address of the website from which you linked to the Sites, device identifiers and mobile and network information, and your actions on the Sites.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Sites. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please click here.
Our web servers may also aggregate information about the number of visits to different pages on the Sites. We use this data for troubleshooting purposes and to track which pages people visit in order to help improve the Sites.
COLLECTION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from outside sources and combine it with the information we collect through the Sites. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media sites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for various purposes, including to:
- Connect you to Independence USA PAC programs, events and activities, and obtain and confirm RSVP’s to events and programs;
- Improve, maintain, and operate the Sites, send you updates, notices, and messages regarding support and administration;
- Provide and deliver news and information we think will interest you, such as information about relevant issues, resources, events, campaigns, candidates, events, promotions, products and services;
- Provide information or products that you request and process and complete such transactions;
- Respond to your emails, requests, comments, submissions and questions, and provide customer service, request feedback and otherwise communicate with you regarding your use of the Sites;
- Monitor and analyze trends and site usage and provide features and content that match your interests based on the information you provide and your actions on the Sites;
- Contact you if information is required by Federal election laws; and
- For any other purpose we may determine is appropriate.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, for example, as follows:
- With vendors, service providers, consultants, employees, contractors, or volunteers to the extent they need to know such information to carry out their duties on our behalf;
- With groups, causes, organizations, or candidates we believe have similar views, goals, and principles;
- In the event you make a contribution, to report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, such as your name, address, occupation, employer and amount contributed if your donation exceeds $200;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, reorganization, formation of a new committee or successor organization, partial or total asset sale or transfer, any other corporate change, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Independence USA PAC;
- When we have a good-faith belief that release is appropriate to comply with the law, legal process, and/or governmental authorities;
- To provide you services or products;
- To protect the rights or property or safety of our supporters, employees, volunteers or others;
- To operate, maintain, and improve our systems and services;
- To enforce this Policy or any other terms on the Sites; and
- With your consent.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personal information.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Sites may contain links to third-party websites, including to social networking websites. We are not responsible for any personal information you may provide while on such websites. Any information provided on such websites is governed by the privacy policies of the third-party websites.
You may opt out of receiving future information via email from us, such as updates and newsletters, by using the unsubscribe procedure specified on the email message. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact Independence USA PAC at email@example.com.